Friday, November 14, 2008

Another week done....

Christmas is coming up--faster and quicker than I will ever be ready for, but coming nonetheless. Yesterday we got catalogs in the mail from novanatural and Rosie Hippo. These are high quality, mostly wooden and handmade toy companies. I try really hard to do most of our Christmas shopping from these types of companies because I find the quality far superior to the plastic cheap stuff at the big box stores. Ever since the lead scare and toy recalls of 07, many people have turned to more natural types of toys as opposed to cheaply manufactered plastic stuff. Wooden toys can be fixed when broken, too. They are expensive, though, and since we don't roll in the dough, lol, I painstakingly, along with the kids, determine what we can afford and what will get the most playtime. It is both fun and draining!

It is always fun for the kids to go through the catalogs and "wish" for what might come at Christmas time. I confess I love to look through all the beautiful toys myself! Last night I let Dori and Micah stay up late and cuddle in bed with me while we paged through both catalogs and talked about how excited we were for Christmas.

The kids had a whole system of identifying how much they like a certain toy. A "D" by a toy meant Dori liked it and an "M", Micah. Then there were stars indicating exactly how much they liked the toy--10 being top toy. The 10 star mark was reserved for one toy each. Oh, and they also marked toys they thought James and Judson would like, too!

Anyway, we had a good time staying awake and talking and cuddling. I love my life and I love my kids so much. I'm so thankful for each of them. What could be better than cuddling with your younguns and sharing in there joy?

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet! I have been getting those catalogs too since you told me about them and I signed up. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete